Searching for Mcgm Form 16 Login page? Here is the best way to log into your Mcgm Form 16 account. The most relevant Mcgm Form 16 Login pages are listed below:
The Mcgm Form 16 is an annual return that you will receive from your employer. It outlines the amount of income you earned and how it was taxed for the year. Read on to learn more about what information can be found in this form.
What is MCGM Form 16?
MCGM form 16 is a certificate from the Municipal Corporation of Greater Mumbai. It can be basically termed as an income tax exemption certificate. This form is given to those individuals who work for the corporation and earn a salary less than the taxable limit according to the financial year. You must know that MCGM Form 16 or MCGM Income Tax Exemption Certificate will be issued only if you acquire your salary directly from the municipal corporation and not through any third-party agency.
MCGM Form 16 Income Tax Exemption conditions:
The basic requirement for processing this certificate is that you cannot have any other source of income such as agriculture, rental property, business etc along with the salary provided by the municipal corporation. Also, your monthly earnings should not exceed Rs. 40,000 per month.
Documents required for MCGM Form 16:
Citizens of Mumbai willing to apply for this tax-exempt certificate must attach the following documents along with their application form.
- Passport size photographs
- Three recent stamps of Rs 10 each Ration Card
- Permanent Account Number (PAN)
- Bank statements of last six months
- Payslips of the latest three months
- Salary certificates issued by the employer
- Electricity Bill Telephone
- Bill HRA or Rent Agreement Letter from your company mentioning monthly earnings and sources of income
- Educational certificates and latest fee bills
- Last six copies of ITR and self-assessment forms
- Details about dependent family members such as names, date of birth, relationship with the applicant, etc
- Residence proof such as passport copy, PAN card, Aadhaar card
How to log in to MCGM government account:
- Follow the link mentioned in the list above.
- Once you are there, click on ‘Login’ in the top right-hand corner to access your account (it will be named after your name and address). It should bring you here:
- Click on View under Action column –> Income Tax e-Filing –> Link e-Filing portal for Income Tax
- A new page will open up where you need to enter your PAN number, date of birth, etc. After entering all the details correctly, choose ‘Continue’.
- S/he will get a One Time Password (OTP) on his/her phone which he/she needs to enter in the next window for verification purposes. Once entered correctly, press submits button below it.